Happy New Year and welcome to our first update of 2013; our chance to catch up and reflect on everything Amber!
We hope that you have had a wonderful festive season and that your New Year's resolutions are off to a flying start. If you need some help staying on the straight and narrow why not put our 'Sports Friday' in your diary from the 15th February, where we will have exclusive use of the Ryland Centre in Bromsgrove to explore the many fitness options available.
We had some exciting times over the latter part of 2012 with our Investors in People confirmed and our consecutive success rate with the Care Quality Commission following an Unannounced Inspection. Congratulations to everyone involved and we look forward to more of the same in this year:
Company 2012 Highlights
- CQC Unannounced Inspection 2012 Fully Compliant
- The only support provider in Worcestershire to achieve REACH Standard accolade
- Directly employed and trained workforce offering continuity of support to all our clients with zero usage of temporary Agency Workers
- Specialism in Forensic Learning Disability and Challenging Behaviour
- Currently provide over 70,000 support hours a year
- Over 97% of clients are happy with the quality of support they receive
- 100% of our staff are recruited from the communities in which we work
- Over 94% of our staff are happy working at Amber Support Services
- An Age Positive employer, recognised by the Jobcentre as being a Two Ticks organisation
- Commitment to the Giving Us A Voice Charter ensuring clients have a voice at all levels and actively contribute towards decisions made
- No Barriers Award gained for our Social Enterprise Schemes for the second year running
- Embraced Social Media with a vibrant Facebook page and over 1600 Twitter followers
- CSS Award gained by our website and featured with some of the most prestigious websites around the world
- Work with local colleges offering work placement schemes to students
- Consistent high quality service delivery - have a look at our Testimonials page on this website
During 2013 we are continuing to invest in our Day Service with a complete interior revamp ensuring that we remain at the highest standard for our clients and offer them the best facilities possible. We also have a number of other key projects and are working closely with our local community in order to develop innovative and transformational support. More on that in the future, but in the meantime thank you to everyone for their continued support and input into the work that we do.