CARE AND DEMENTIA SHOW 2016
The Care and Dementia Show is the UK's largest and busiest Care Home event and our Chief Executive Officer was asked to be a Key Speaker, talking on the topic of How to Achieve the Outstanding Rating with the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
The Care & Dementia show is designed to provide education, products and networking opportunities for organisations responsible for the care of older people. The show provides an informative couple of days and a rare opportunity to source new products and services from over 250 suppliers all under one roof.
The free seminar session run by Amber Support focused on some of the processes and strategies we put in place which assisted us with achieving the CQC Standard, completing the Request for Information or RFI and the Inspection itself.
Amongst the topics we spoke about was the importance of creating a dynamic work environment where everyone works to the best of their ability and:
- Doing the simple things well
- Compliments and recognising moments of achievement as after all if you dont, no one else will
- Going Pictorial - reflecting on the new Accessible Information Standard
- Breathing Outstanding - incorporating the KLOE into day to day activities
- Mock Inspections and the value of role play
- An environment of positive risk assessment
We shared some of the amazing photos we have captured to demonstrate the achievement of completing personal Outcomes and the fun selfies we regularly take!
Afterwards we were overwhelmed with the comments of support and spoke to many organisations offering advice on approaches to difficult situations they were currently experiencing. If you wish to ask for our advise and assistance please call Jacqueline on 01527 873426.